Sustainable technology solutions that guide innovation forward
It is estimated that IT hardware is worth on average 10 per cent of its original value after three years. That’s a depreciation rate of 6 per cent per month. As businesses increasingly invest in new technology to innovate, what happens to their retired assets? Most importantly, what happens to the private and confidential data held within those assets?
Arrow offers a sustainable way for partners – and their customers – to leverage retired assets, while ensuring the secure disposal of data and providing a way to maximise a return on the original technology investment.
We have a range of sustainable technology solutions to help you and your customer unlock value from IT hardware that has reached end of life.
In the event that you need to retire your assets early, we can assess the remaining value and provide a quote to buy it back.
We can also help you achieve more efficient use of capital by redeploying retired assets. This is our ‘reuse first’ approach, which gives the best return on the energy and materials embedded in the assets we process.
Perhaps most importantly, our sustainable technology solutions can provide the required services and certification to securely remove data from retired assets – a key consideration of the European Union’s new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which comes into effect on Friday 25 May 2018.
Bridging the digital divide
Globally, Arrow has a legacy of donating retired IT assets to a range of charitable programs designed to bridge the digital divide. Our partnership with Close the Gap is a prime example of this. Over the past decade, we have contributed nearly half a million refurbished PCs, along with electricity, to those in need. Our partnership with Close the Gap represents one of the important principles in Arrow’s sustainability business. Through Close the Gap, technology finds new purpose, and the lives they touch open new opportunities.
Why sustainable solutions?
By leveraging Arrow’s sustainable technology solutions, you can:
- Maximise ROI: sustainability allows you to unlock hidden value in end of life hardware.
- Protect your customer’s brand: our technology lifecycle management services offer the highest security standards available.
- Help your customers remain compliant: we ensure every step of your customer’s hardware recovery is compliant and auditable.
- Focus on your customer’s success: we can help you navigate everchanging regulations, certifications and legislation so you’re free to focus on the best possible outcomes for your customers.
- Do your part for the environment: our global compliance policy sets out the best environmental practices when managing end-of-life hardware.
In 2016 alone, we processed more than 70 million devices, kept nearly 60,000 tonnes of electronics out of landfill, found a new life for more than 2.75 million devices and returned more than 130.5 million pounds of materials to the manufacturing system.
By finding value in end-of-life technology assets, you and your customers can effectively turn inefficiencies into opportunities.